Saturday, August 14, 2010

August in Thesisville

It's a busy month here in Thesisville! (I'm borrowing that term from Carolyn Rordam from my group, because I love it!) Got my first feedback from advisor Hannah Barrett on the Thesis and it's good! Also working hard on these 3 paintings for my thesis show. Lots of layers, the 2 groundview paintings I'm starting to paint the forrest floor.




Also teaching "Creating Personal Landscapes" my first class at the Bloomington Art Center next week. Hard at work preparing a thrilling lecture with images from April Gornik (of course!), Peter Doig, Vija Celmins, Gerhard Richter, and a bit of the Hudson River School for perspective. I will teach the class again in the fall and will also be co-teaching a creativity and movement class at the Jewish Community Center this fall in St. Louis Park. Not quite sure how that class is going to go but will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Rebecca Moran said...

Wow! Brandon you've been hard at work, I love the landscapes you are developing. I am so glad things are going well for you with the thesis stuff. You'll be done before you know it. Big HUG! You are amazingly talented, don't forget...

asilverduran said...

Nicely done.

Jason Lounds said...

Loving it man. Great work. Keep it up!!!